Monday, April 14, 2008

Thing 14: LibraryThing

I Love, LOVE LibraryThing. What a great tool fro librarians to use, even teachers. I have my degree in Elementary Education and I would use this all the time for lesson planning. Using the tags would be able to help me find the books I was looking for, for whatever subject. I only have 34 books in my library right now but I can not wait to add more. This is great for planning storytime also, I will definitely able to keep track of books I've read so I can use them down the road.

I could see myself using this to help the parents, teachers, and day care workers who utilize our library. Most of the people I help want to know what I am reading, or what my favorite books are, always putting me on the spot. This would be an easy way to show them what I like to read to my kids as well as what I like to read for storytimes.

No comments: