Thursday, April 17, 2008

Thing 15: Libraries and Games

We have complaints from our patrons all the time about kids playing games on the computers. Really the problem is about a shortage of computers and adults thinking because they have work to do we should kick the kids off the computer. I see just as many adults playings as I do kids though, just my little rant for the night. I personally do not play a lot of video games at this current time in my life, two many children to take of. However, I have seen and tested some games and I do think they are fun. My only concern is people seem to get hooked and play for hours and hours without realizing they have actual real life to participate in. Don't get me wrong I like video games and I do think most do have a real educational value but some people take it to far, they shut out the rest of the real world,only focusing on video games. I even had a patron ask me before if we could stay open all night for him just so he could play video games. I mean come on, get a REAL LIFE!

No comments: